Sunday, November 18, 2007


I gave Sladen cereal for the first time last week. He did a really good job eating off the spoon BUT I was going as fast as humanly possible which was NOT fast enough. He would take a bite then cry, take a bite then cry, I think he was too hungry to mess with eating off a spoon, he wanted a botttle, and he wanted it fast. But maybe next time. Any mom's have any good feeding tips?

3 comments:

Janelle said...

No good tips here, I think we have the worst eaters on the planet. But I did find it easier to feed them in their carseats, messy carseat, but easier to feed. I can't believe he's already downing cereal! Way to go.

Janelle said...

Have you tried doing lots of feedings in the evening, like every hour or two? With one of ours, I fed them 5 times pretty close together, even if they didn't eat a ton, and that helped to hold them over at least for a couple of hours. It seemed like we could get them to do a 4 or 5 hour stretch at around 8-10 weeks. Doesn't being tired all the time stink??

Janelle said...

I also didn't let them take super-long naps during the afternoons. And I don't remember if I did this to get them to sleep or to give myself a break, but I tried to stretch out the day feedings as much as they would let me. Maybe that made them able to eat more at night and sleep on a full belly or maybe it just gave me some sanity. I don't remember!